Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Who has the blues?

Not me! Not me at all in Memphis. Apart from being totally exhausted from a lovely wedding weekend full of fun and zero sleep... oh and the tornado-like winds we encountered when we arrived... Memphis was quite wonderful!

The guys did a small, exclusive acoustic show. I love doing these - such a cool experience for the audience! It's like being in our living room (if we had terrible hotel room carpet).

After the show, we all headed down to Beale Street. We were STARVING, so we of course made a stop for some BBQ at the Blues City Cafe. I made an exception on the no meat rule & tried some ribs... you know, they were all right. Being a lady from the South, I've had better, but no real complaints. Plus, being the infant mostly vegetarian that I am, I had some meat eating remorse. Oh welllllll.

Beale Street

things found: Zombies & Sammy Kershaw. Not related
Anyway - since drinking in the street is a thing here, we just HAD to. Who doesn't like to drink in the street? You feel like such a rebel. True story: Brooklyn does not allow you to drink in the street. I once was gifted a $25 fine for doing so. But here, they just let you!

beers/street
OH! and if you aren't following me on the twitter, you probably don't know that I'm now obsessed with creating gifs through gifboom. They are the most fun ever. Clear representation:

  

Overall, Memphis was a blast! Met some nice people, drank some street beers, listened to some blues... and then slept for a much needed 10 hours. Any suggestions for things we missed that we need to hit next time? TELL ME in the comments!


1 comment: