Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Le Van


Oh! hello. I started a post about the wedding weekend... and Omaha... and Memphis, but since that's a little more involved then I'd like to be at the moment, I thought I'd show you the van. I get lots of questions about how I survive on the drives, so I'm here to present it to you in the most natural light!

We travel in a 15 passenger van and there are 8 of us, so it's really not very crowded in here. I take over the third bench seat, so I'm not ALL the way in the back, but far enough away from the front so that I can still do work. Unfortunate truth alert: even though I travel around with a band, I still have to be available during normal business hours to get stuff accomplished. I make my phone into a personal hotspot, so we can have van internets! Technology is the greatest. 

my current set up - editing pics! Usually doing not as fun work
Since I live in a van full of boys, we have to keep the AC on full blast almost constantly so they don't sweat and stink up the van. Being the overly prepared chica that I am, I came armed with a pillow and blanket so I can regulate to normal temperatures when they are freezing me out. Everyone wins! 

Left: Ron taking over my bench; Right: Me, frozen.
And NO - we do NOT sleep in the van at night. For some reason everyone pictures us in that horrible scenario. We use good 'ol Priceline.com to get us into nice hotels every night. (dear Priceline, wanna sponsor us? I use you relentlessly & already tell everyone how great you are. Come onnnn). 

So, see? It's not that bad. We have plenty of bathroom breaks and plenty of snacks.

a sleeping zach (during the day)
a typical view


No comments:

Post a Comment