Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Going through the big D

See? I told you I’d write some real words about real things. We just finished up a nice little run in Texas, so it’s about that time that I gave you an update on our whereabouts. You know what I’m skipping over? OKLAHOMA. I’m sure you guys that live there are lovely, but unfortunately I kinda thought your town was a stinker. Actually, I know you guys are great because we had amazing fans & a great turnout at the acoustic show.  Nonetheless, no OK update for the rest of y’all. If you’d like to see what it’s like, then take a trip!


who doesn't love a grainy iPhone
pic of my face?
So we begin this story in a little town called Dallas, Texas… where the margaritas are cheap, but plentiful, and the fans were rowdy, but fabulous. After waltzing our butts into a GREAT venue (TREES - where Nirvana & U2 have both graced the stage) & setting up to play, we wandered down the street to Pepe’s. Hello, happy hour! Three dollar margaritas??? YES, INDEED. If you know me at all, you know that I’m not a fan of tequila unless it is hidden by limes, salt, and ice. These were splendid & I did partake in more than one. Good choice, if I do say so myself. Our first foray into food in Texas did not disappoint either. If there is one thing you can almost 100% bank on in TX, it’s incredible Mexican cuisine.

We only stayed a night in Dallas, but it was one well spent. Fantastic venue, fans, and we can’t wait to come back. Since our journey here was mostly about the show (and $3 margs), I’ll give you some show pics below. The boys are killing it out here…







1 comment:

  1. I think I need to visit Dallas, TX. You know I love margaritas. Stay safe. JC

    ReplyDelete