Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Omaha

(somewhere in middle America...) 

(yeah, that was a Counting Crows reference. If you were too good for them in the 90s then I have no business with you! just kidding)

I guess I'll post now! OMAHA. What a great venue, indeed. Rp and the boys played at The Waiting Room. Great, great space. The crowd was certainly entertaining & we can't wait to visit again. But you guys don't care about THAT. You care about the stuff I'm about to tell you.

First of all, I booked an appointment to get my nails done while the boys were sound checking. Typically, I do anything I can to NOT be around for the glorious check of sounds.  It's boring, there's feedback from the monitors, and everyone's in a bad mood. PLUS, I had to get my nails done for the wedding weekend anyway. However, the further I walked from the venue... the more I realized I wasn't in the best neighborhood in the world. Usually, I'm an idiot & ignore my instincts but since Rp was preoccupied with the aforementioned sounds and not my whereabouts, I thought it was best to head back to the venue and avoid the ninjas that were certainly ready to kidnap. 

Luckily, by the time I got back, the guys were ready to depart to find food and drinks! Cousin Carl, Kyle, Ron, and I proceeded to go on the cutest double date ever.

First, we started out with a pre-dinner Bloody Mary at an adorable bar across the street named Krug Park.  DELICIOUS. They had an amazing array of Bloody Mary options to choose from. I got the veggie, while Cousin Carl and RP had the Chipotle. Kyle went with a Bloody Maria, which I will never touch in my life as it is made with tequila... and I don't associate myself with the stuff unless it's in margarita form.

Next, we dined at Lot 2 - an easy choice as it was directly next door to Krug Park. I don't know what it is with our luck with small, cute restaurants lately, but this did not disappoint! Everything was perfect. I wish it existed in Brooklyn. I'd go every day! Or every other day. They adjusted things to fit a vegetarian palate (on request), but the burgers looked insane if it happened to be a meat eatin day (it almost never is for me, but stillllll). The four of us even split a bottle of wine and shared dessert. I'm not sure, but I think it's getting serious and we'll go out again. Fingers crossed!



this was a cheese plate

clearly, we hated our food.


'till next time, Omaha!

2 comments:

  1. We love living vicariously through your adventures! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love you! ~ Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete