Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meet Hank Jr.

I'm not a fan of dead animals. I like them very much alive and pet-able. For some reason that is unclear to me, men like dead animals to grace the front of their trucks. "But, you guys don't have a truck" some would say with confusion in their voice.... Yes, my dear, you are correct. However, that did not stop the following from happening:

Upon driving the 20 min outside of Austin to visit the Salt Lick (in the post below), we passed a man in a van on the side of the road selling longhorns & skulls. It took every ounce of Kyle's being to not skid us into a u-turn and start the negotiating process right then and there. Luckily, the prospect of BBQ is too powerful & we made our way safely to Salt Lick with promises to return. 

After an amazing afternoon, we piled back in the van to head to San Antonio. I sat quietly in the back hoping they'd forget about the man on the side of the road... but wishful thinking only gets you so far in this van. Forget, they did not... and below is a photo journal of the events that took place in order to secure Hank Jr. on the front of the van. 

The selection: Just horns or horns + skull?? DECISIONS.

a transaction


Securing Hank Jr. to the van. Notice shirts are off since it's 100° out. Awesome.


This was a mistake. I accidentally took this, but it displays my distaste for the situation so accurately that I HAD TO POST. 


In an attempt to correct the above, I took this thinking it would show my unhappiness. Doesn't hold a candle to other. Raw emotion right there.


...and we're finally done. Here he is in all his glory. Ready for the road and tied to a van... just how God intended it. 


5 comments:

  1. How did it get the name Hank Jr.? Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a hank sr! They found him in the woods... This new one is a little more clean :)

      Delete
  2. We're still confused by the chick with the braids--what tribe is she from????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An anonymous is confused? Why should I care? :) just kidding, person from my family. I'm in tribe awesome & I'm the chief! (it's actually a great way to hide the fact that I should wash my hair, haha)

      Delete
  3. She needs more food.... Wtf??

    ReplyDelete