Monday, July 9, 2012

interrogation

I admit it!

oh, not that sort of interrogation.... urmmm, anyway...

Now that I'm back in New York and recovering from that surgery I keep complainin' about, I don't have much to tell you guys... especially until I can walk & yoga like normal again (SOON... hopefully). However, I get lots of questions from family, friends, and Rp fans, so I thought I'd answer them here. Apologies if I condensed your exact question; some are basically the same, so I made them into one. If I missed yours, post it in the comments or email travelsizeme83@gmail.com and I'll get to it next time (I already have a few for a post #2 on this subject...). Anything goes! But as I've said before... I reserve the right to answer sarcastically or give you an interpretive dance instead. All depends on the appropriateness!

Do you travel in a bus?
NOPE! I'll refer you to this post where I discuss the van, how it's set up, & the fact that we do not sleep in it. Even if you want to... not allowed.

Do I think the guys have toned down the "guy talk" since I'm the only girl on tour? 
Umm. No. Not even a little. I hear it all... and smell it all, unfortunately. I realize some of you might be enamored with them... but they are still dudes at the end of the day.

How do you handle all of the girl fans? 
I get this one A LOT. I had this big long answer about groupies and how it's not a big deal for me (because, lesssfaceit, they're a fact of life with musicians)... but I don't want to offend anyone or ruin anyone's game. SO - let's just say that I don't worry because we have a relationship that isn't worth losing. Trust is everything.

Would you guys consider doing another Kickstarter campaign?
YES! Totally! It's an incredible platform even though it didn't work out for us last time. I think our biggest mistake is that the fans didn't really understand that their contribution would HELP HIM go to the places they ask all the time. Let's be real - no, he's not going to go to every small, teeny town of every state... BUT the donations would have allowed him to get close enough for almost everyone to see a show. Unfortunately, that's why we couldn't hit all of the markets this tour. So long story short, yes, we'd consider doing it for something that's easier for fans to see exactly what their donation will do (possibly an album)... stay tuned!

Do you miss yoga when you're on the road?
DESPERATELY!!! Most days there is barely any time/space for it. When I do squeeze it in, I basically do the same sequence while trying to throw in a new pose here & there. I did have a fun time trying to teach Zach & Kyle handstands one day :) but, ultimately, YES, I prefer a class environment. It's a bit more challenging mentally & physically. Plus, I just like being around other yogis!

How long have you & Ron been together?
In August it will be the better part of FIVE YEARS. throw up. We broke up once for about 5 months, and then another time for about 20 minutes. We can't get rid of each other!

Do you like working together? 
Love it! We're a really good team & I absolutely love my job. Sometimes working with people in different parts of the world isn't the best for my sleeping habits, but it pays off. Plus, if his business wasn't organized like I make it, I would go absolutely crazy. Organization is my sad, sad drug.

What's your real name? 
Virginia Blair (first/middle). I go by Blair if you see me at a show... so come say hi! I only add people I know on FB, so you don't need my last name at all! :]

All right kids... that's all I feel like answering for now. If you sent me others, don't fret! I'll get to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment