Sunday, July 8, 2012

la la land

LA... appropriately nicknamed La La land, put me in just that mood. Don't get too mad at me... but I sort of didn't adhere to my photo taking duties here. LA and I have had a love affair for a few years now, but it's always great to spend some time forgetting about normal life there. After a tumultuous journey from San Diego to LA (the van broke down on the side of the highway... and we were stuck FOR HOURS), we finally made it to the sold out show. We were late, but made it just in time. The club was packed out with enthusiastic fans. Even the ones who hung in the back of the room were singing along to every word. It was fantastic... LA fans may have made a case for themselves as the best on this tour.  Although, come to think of it, they'd probably have to battle Chicago (those people were nuts).

After the show, Rp and the boys wanted to grab drinks at the Chateau Marmont. I happen to think this place is lame. I don't care how many famous people stay there... the bar is incredibly lackluster with a pretentious 'tude. Not my thing. I don't like the Sunset strip much at all... but it was close to the venue & our hotel. Plus, it was their call, so we drank Jameson for a while and called it a night. 

SUNDAY was MY day. Since I had to fly back to NY that night to allow someone to cut open my foot, I made sure we made the best of my last day in town. 

Rooftop pool:

ron face/umbrella/my florescent + fringe bikini

Brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel & a drive through the hills to scope out a house we were/are thinking of renting next year. A drive through Malibu & the canyons:

hills/malibu
Dinner at an adorable restaurant in Malibu - Savory

Savory
Now, dinner I took pictures of! DUH. If there is one thing I remember, it's to take pictures of my food. Whenever Rp calls me out, I kindly remind him that he suggested this blog and yell "hey, I'm bloggin' here!" and we resume our normal activity. 

This place was INCREDIBLE. We sat outside next to a heater to watch the sunset and enjoy our dinner (for those who don't know, Malibu gets pretty chilly at night). They source everything locally, so even their most simple concoctions taste fresh and delicious. 

We started with the special app for the evening: burrata, smoked prosciutto, and peach pizza, which was to die for. The smokey & sweet combo was perfect. For our main, we split the beer battered cod, summer squash, and beet salad. I'm not sure what birthed this cod, but from the size of the fillet, I would guess it was a horse. Does that make sense? I don't even know anymore, just look at the picture (which it turns out only shows of you 1/2... so use your imagination, geeeeez guys, I'm not perfect). 
beet salad/summer squash + hand cut fries + giant cod
vino! and delicious bread! always a necessity

So with that, my time in California was complete. I was dropped off at LAX to take the redeye to back to New York. Back to the hustle, the bustle, the uncomfortable, garbage scented city that is summer in New York... 

1 comment:

  1. Best sentence ever:

    Whenever Rp calls me out, I kindly remind him that he suggested this blog and yell "hey, I'm bloggin' here!" and we resume our normal activity.

    ReplyDelete