Sunday, July 15, 2012

summa summa summa in the city

I'm SO glad we're back home for a few weeks. Being on tour is great (most of the time) and I'm so glad I get to hang out in tons of great cities... but there really is no place like home. ESPECIALLY when your home is New York in the summer - can't beat it one bit. There is something to do literally every day. For the amateur, it's enough to make your head spin, stay inside, and cry. As a veteran, we start compiling our summer calendars in March. There are free outdoor concerts, movies in the park, farmers markets, rooftops to drink on, pools to try to sneak into, picnics, trips to long beach, etc, etc, etc. I just love it. I want to shrink it and put it in my pocket. 

Last week, I sent an email announcement to all of our friendsies requiring them to see us at least once before we depart again. First thing on the agenda was a free concert from the NYC Philharmonic in Central Park. So a few of us packed up a blanket, picnic food, wine, & my camera, and headed to snag a spot.

After I dumped half a bottle of red wine all over the bottom of my bag (grrrr!!! raaahhhh!!!! nooooo!!!), I spotted Ron and we were set. The show was absolutely stunning and it was a perfect night for it. Wait - it rained a bit, but that didn't really dampen the mood (ohhh, you're welcome for that pun).


work it!
shoulda known better. my payback was pictures of me eating
yay picnic
the vegan noodle slurp
the vegan noodle nosh

our friends came prepared with ADULT JUICE BOXES. WINE JUICE BOXES, PEOPLE. Amazing.

JOE & his juice

Ron's foot.

my blurred face. For all of you creepy creepsters who ask what color my eyes are.
Finishing the night with fireworks. Perfection!

Lots of other good stuff comin up! We're also crazy busy at the moment with work... If you ARE in the city, please come hang out with us for Rp's birthday! The crazy guy decided to celebrate by working, so he's playing a show! We'll be at Webster Hall Studio @ 7pm on July 21st. GET TICKETS, PLEASE!
See you then :]

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and love Central Park!!
    Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, of course, Googled where to find the "adult juice boxes"! Haha! Success! Whole Foods!! :)

    ReplyDelete