Saturday, July 21, 2012

more interrogating

You win! I'll talk!

As I did a little while ago, I'm going to ease your mind and answer a few of your burning questions...

What are the fall tour dates? When can I know? I need to know NOW!!!
First of all, I'm in love with your enthusiasm... but you'll have to remain calm for a bit. We're still figuring everything out ourselves. As soon as we know, we'll let EVERYONE know! DUH, we want you guys to plan to come see us.

Have you always wanted blue hair? 
I can say with confidence that I wanted it when I was 3-5 years old (My Little Pony & Jem era)... and then again in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, that corporate job I had frowned upon an unnatural hair color... but the driving force of wanting blue hair allowed me to follow my dreams and leave that creative-hating environment. So, you to, can follow your rainbow colored hair dreams if you put your mind to it!

What is your job like? 
Every day is different. I work with our publicists, our radio people, our booking agents, and our tour manager to make sure everything runs smoothly and on our timeline. I also make sure his branding & marketing is consistent across all platforms. I ALSO create tour posters & take photos of live shows (we hire really talented people for album covers and press shots). I ALSO run the website (not social sites - he does that). And finally, the least fun part of my job is budgeting, expensing, and keeping a billion spreadsheets to keep track of all financial things. It's a blast, but a TON of work.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
(ps - this was my favorite question so far).
Sam Shakusky: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Suzy Bishop: "I don't know...I want to go on adventures I think; not get stuck in one place."
-Moonrise Kingdom
currently working on keeping this up... 

1 comment:

  1. You are a talented amazing woman. I am proud of you.
    Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete