Thursday, November 22, 2012

so many thanks!

this is from last year in the Hamptons. I have not seen ONE pumpkin or squash in Australia. 

Well, here we are - another Thanksgiving has come 'round again. Last year I was in Mexico... this year I ended up in Australia. WHAT THE HELL. I almost never know where my life is going to take me, but no complaints so far. I still have multiple Aussie posts just waiting in the wings, but since the holiday sprung up without much warning where I am, I'm going to take a short detour for a minute.

What was intended as a "break" after the tour, has turned into our normal schedule of working, stressing, and making sure everything runs smoothly in the world of RP Music. While I could complain about never getting a real holiday or vacation, I'm going to relax & take in the moment (as they say to do). This is what we chose - I love my job and wouldn't pick one other way to run our life. PLUS, in an effort to celebrate the holiday, we just wrapped up a day of surfing (or doing our best trying) and now I'm sitting out on the balcony of our hotel room. I am SO fortunate that I had the opportunity to leave behind a career that was less than fulfilling and move on to one that I am not only invested in, but wake up everyday ready to make a difference. I get to work in music, I get to travel with my love, I get to be creative, I get to see the very real effects of my influence, I get to work with people from all over the world and make new friends every day. Our life isn't conventional & I suppose a lot of people question it, but I'll take it just the way it is.

There is one gaping hole that can't be filled, though. The fact that we are constantly away from our loved ones and miss holidays with them hurts in a way I can't explain. I miss the feeling of waking up on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning and knowing that I am going to smell certain smells and hug certain arms. While I've only had two years of it, I already ache for the sound of my nephew's laugh and his semi screaming "AUNT B!" - it's decidedly, the best. I'm also missing one of my favorite aunts who is going through a tough time (send up an extra prayer if you have one!) - she's not going to have the best day and I would do anything to make it better for her.

So that's that! Before I move completely away from my snarky self, I'll wish you all a very HAPPY (and maybe drunk, if you take it that way) THANKSGIVING! Thanks for hanging out with me these past few months... much more to come!

xxoo
-b


2 comments:

  1. Your sweet post made me cry...We love and miss you two, too! Counting the days until we see you again! XOXO
    Mompanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studio Features:

    Over 4500 square feet of studio space over 4 studios.
    Studios are equipped with hardwood sprung and Marley floating floors which help reduce the risk of injury and allow students to dance longer without getting tired.
    Mirrors that start at floor level so dancers can see their feet from any place on the dance floor.
    Desk staff available to assist you during all teaching hours.
    All costumes for recital are sewn or purchased for you.
    Filtered drinking water.
    Parent and student lounge with microwave, fridge, and television.
    On site parking.
    Separate room for students to focus on homework between classes.
    Located in residential area with access to major bus routes.

    ReplyDelete