Thursday, November 15, 2012

love from Melbourne



One of the hardest things about traveling is realizing that you likely won't live long enough to live in all of the places you fall in love with. By now I've racked up quite a hefty list of places I'd like to lay my head & call home for longer than a weekend.  The latest addition to this list is Melbourne. So far she wins as my favorite city in Australia. Melbourne is chock full of art, cafes, boutique shopping.... and marsupials.

It will take me a couple of posts to tell you all of the reasons I love Melbourne, so we'll start at the top! 

We went to the city a few days before the show so we could do press. Fortunately for us, our amazing publicist set up press that could also coincide with some sightseeing.  She's the best. Our first stop was about 90 minutes outside of the city. Ron had a photoshoot at Healesville Sanctuary with koalas, a baby kangaroo, and a baby wombat. To say we were in heaven is the understatement of the year!  Forget models - koalas in a photoshoot are where it's AT. This town was overly cute to boot - AND we drove past some beautiful wineries on the way there. AND you can ride a horse at said wineries. AND they don't care how drunk you are on said horse. I think we could make a life here. 

I've got some AMAZING food rec's for you travelin' fools... but for now, I'll leave you with these priceless photos of us with our new friends & our first day in Melbourne!

First stop: a Bloody Mary
a walk in St. Kilda - so many kite surfers!
new friends!
yes! lifelong dream.

baby wombat//baby wombat is now our child.
introducing the star of the day. I don't like to choose favorites... but I'm stealing her.

love her

Like I said... much more to come. Time to get ready for a SOLD OUT SHOW in Sydney! Catch you next time... with some foooooood... or virtual food. 

Later,
b

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! I think the wombat may get jealous if you love the joey more. Both are adorable.

    ReplyDelete