Sunday, November 11, 2012

Australia, we've arrived!

And we are loving being on your shores. To be fair, we arrived almost a week ago***, but I haven't had time to post out our life yet.

We arrived in Sydney after a pretty uneventful 15 hour flight. I watched: Beasts of the Southern Wild (loved), The Lorax (obsessed with), a documentary about Koalas (um, duh, I loved that times 10), a documentary about the beginning of time (I fell asleep), and the Star Wars episode of Family Guy (best thing to happen in years).

Wait - I lied! Most of the flight was uneventful... then after we landed and I stuck my contacts back in my eyes, I noticed the most important piece of jewelry that I own was MISSING. After a frantic 10-15 minutes and ripping apart the entire row of Qantas seats... I found it.  A little piece of metal stuck in between other pieces of metal. In that time, I cried, died, and finally came back to life when I found it. It sounds so fine as I'm writing it. It wasn't - it was horrible! I'm still scarred.

From there, we hit the ground running. Cam picked us up and we went straight to rehearsals for The Morning Show. We finally got to our hotel room later that day, showered (how good does a shower feel after a long flight?? the best), and took a walk around Sydney CBD. This area reminds me a lot of midtown Manhattan... the area I managed to escape when I left corporate world! Blah. Nonetheless, we had a VB at a pub and went out for Thai food. We were recommended Spice I Am - great spot! However, the servers barely talk to you and rush you out of the joint. To be fair - it's super small & there is always a wait to sit, so I think that's just the environment there. Great food though.

By 7pm, our jet lag reared its ugly head. So, we bought some Tim Tams and went back to our hotel room to crash.

We stayed in Sydney 'till Sunday doing press & general touristy things. Now we're in Melbourne & I think I'm borderline obsessed with it! More to come. For now, take a look at some of these here pics!

OH - and watch The Morning Show clip! They did so well!

view of Hyde Park, the Harbor, and Sydney CBD 
Lovely tree in Hyde Park (taken for my Dad who loves parks)
colorssss!

... I forgot what this is. St. Mary's? I think? Sure!

we found the water!

my exploring travel partner. Looking out for fish!

This is a joke, right? Why would you have a boat if you can't have these things?

There she is! The opera house

a touristy, but lovely area!

having a drink at the Opera Bar

Oh, did I tell you my hair is navy now? well, it is. It usually looks better than this. I still want a pink/purple, but the salon in LA only had blue. 
Up next, I'll show you around Bondi Beach! Stay tuned, my loves

***CORRECTION: Ron just informed me that we have not been here even close to a week. We just got here 4 days ago. No idea what day/time/month it is.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us see and feel your travels. I know you must of freaked out with the fear of losing your ring. Happy you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! The one place I ever want to go outside of the U.S. is Australia. It is so fun to watch it through your pictures. I am glad that the weather is so beautiful and you are having so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete