Monday, November 26, 2012

a break in byron bay

after the tour we took a short detour (get it?? get it?! Oh my God, I'm lame) and went to Byron Bay. It's about two hours away from Brisbane, which was the last show of the tour. What a show it was, also! First of all, these crazy Aussies came out in the HAIL. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that Australia was a never-ending summer, but my brain has been sorted out properly now.

We chose Byron in an effort to skirt the Schoolies... which is basically Australian kids' one shot at spring break. It happens right after they finish high school - which happened to coincide directly with the end of the tour. While we did find a few stray schoolies running about, Byron was pretty low key for the most part & unlike any beach I've ever been to. The water is an insane blue and the beaches are left in their wonderfully natural state.

The weather was pretty meh the first day we went out exploring... but it definitely redeemed itself the following days.

Catch ya later - so behind on these!
-b







1 comment: