Saturday, September 22, 2012

road food: Karyn's on Green

Morning, Lovlies!

We have approximately 30 minutes until van call, so I'm going to rush out a little baby post for you guys. I haven't done this yet on this tour... so here's our first recommendation!

Our first one comes from the Windy City... also known as Chi-town.... also known as Chicago.  I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Houston, TX & about to make my way to Austin, TX where I will consume unthinkable amounts of BBQ at Salt Lick. In light of that, I thought I'd write about an amazing vegan find. As I always say - it's all about the balance!

After Ron did a radio interview, we craved veggies. I mainly stick to eating vegan/vegetarian on tour (it makes it easier to not go off the rails), but make exceptions for certain places. I will never shove this thinking down your throat - it's just how my body likes to function. I feel better when I eat this way. ANYWAY - back to our vegan lunch. I Yelped and found Karyn's on Green. Sometimes I don't know if places are incredible because of the lackluster food that I usually eat on tour... but I 100% know that this place was phenomenal! You have to try it! Even meat eaters should get adventurous once in a while.... branch out... expand your horizons... all of that jazz.

Karyn's
butternut squash soup (with coconut milk)
a TREE-tini. Everytime you order one, they plant a tree! How could I say no? 

Kale Salad w/ apples, cashews, & sesame vinaigrette  
MUSHROOM bacon. yes. 
tofu benedict with root vegetables and something that was not hollandaise, but was bomb all the same

happy brunchers

Oh I should probably tell you that I'm starting to post pictures of myself to counterbalance all of the God-awful ones Rp seems to snap of me. I don't want you to think I'm a goblin. Why do guys seem to have a knack of only taking TERRIBLE pictures of their lady loves? AMIRITE, LADIES? 

love/hate/comment below! 

3 comments:

  1. The mushroom bacon looks like a fish or tiny turtle. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks amazing! Tree-tini? Yes, please! That sounds like a win-win. I also saw you went to Salt Lick. My fiance has been talking about that place for years. I'm considering a special trip just for BBQ! ;)

    ReplyDelete