Friday, September 28, 2012

do: Barton Springs

I mayyyyy have mentioned once or twice that I'm in love with Austin, TX. I realize this. However, my gushiness is about to continue & I'd like you to go ahead and deal with it.

Outside of multiple face-stuffing opportunities for BBQ and tacos, Austin also has these amazing fresh spring pools that are not waist line enhancing at all! Hamilton Pool (which, to me, is the prettiest) is quite a drive outside the city. Since we live in a van, we decided to forgo that experience and head to Barton Springs on our day off instead.

Barton Springs

Instead of me trying to describe what Barton is like, I'm going to leave it to Wiki:
Barton Springs Pool is a man-made recreational swimming pool located on the grounds of Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. The pool exists in the channel of Barton Creek and is filled by water from Main Barton Spring, the fourth largest spring in Texas. The pool is a popular venue for year-round swimming, as its temperature maintains a narrow range from about 68.0 °F (20.0 °C) in the winter to about 71.6 °F (22.0 °C) in the summer.

The water is constantly chilly, but can be crazy refreshing if you let it. In my experience, the best way to do this is to just jump on in. Our very own Meghan Tonjes put us all to shame when she said "eff it" and jumped in first. That's hero shiz. 

The best part of all of this is - it's CHEAP!  $3 and you're in. The men in speedos come free. 


People always ask Ron what he'd be doing if he didn't play music for a living. Clearly he'd represent the US in Olympic diving.
You need a close up of this beaut. 
free toes!
butt cracks aplenty! (but seriously, this place is gorgeous)

hayyyyyy.




Carl got in & them promptly took a nap. Perhaps he had too much fun the night before? Perhaps. 

That about wraps up our Austin visit. We attempted to go to Franklin's BBQ since we've been berated for only going to Salt Lick... but it was, sadly, closed. Ahhh well... I guess we'll have to come back. 


post love/hate/advice below! (please don't really post hate. I live in a van. I can't deal with hate)

4 comments: