Monday, October 29, 2012

post card: brooklyn


In light of Miss Sandy, I thought this post would be appropriate. Rp and I were supposed to be staying in the East Village for this short NY trip, but the storm forced us to pack up and leave (again!) and head to our friends' apartment in Brooklyn. So, we're hunkered down with water, flashlights, rice crispy treats, peanut butter crackers, champagne, and wine to ride out this storm.

I wanted to come back to Brooklyn, but not exactly under these conditions. 

I made all of these "post cards" one day in the van. Being in constant motion is great, but can also lead to some serious heartache for things you love. One of my last days in the van, I compiled a very incomplete list of things I miss:

Non Starbucks coffee
my girls
Reading Vogue on Saturday morning
Meeting for brunch after 1pm
Weekend mornings alone
YogaVida
Getting my mail
My printer
Small dogs
Vegan restaurants
Dinners that turn into drinks that turn into "Oh my God, it's 3AM & they are kicking us out"
Grape & Grain//Lychee bellinis
a routine
blaming lateness on the subway
my bed
Saturday afternoon college football games with friends who also wound up far from the South
Sunday night HBO + take out ethiopian food (while wearing PJs and a hoodie)
All of my clothes being in one place
Having more than 2 pairs of shoes
Simply walking outside to grab a cab
A book in the park
Complaining about how the neighborhood has changed
Really good Indian food
Delivery.com
Finding fashion inspiration on the streets and on the person next to you in the subway
my bodega

So, Sandy, lets go ahead and get this over with, OK?!? I'd like to get back to my regularly scheduled things.

photo: bike ridin






3 comments:

  1. I'm glad RP made it back and you are in a safe place! I'm ready to get things moving on this storm and get Sandy back out to sea ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are safe in Brooklyn! Thanks for keeping us in touch during the tour! Enjoy your downtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful post. So much damage to your beautiful city. May God take care of all of you.

    ReplyDelete