Saturday, October 13, 2012

do: Lake Shasta!

Oh, hello people of my internet! Glad to see you haven't gone far.

I've decided that instead of another cop out post, I'm going to post a real-live adventure! Whoooo/ hoorayyyyy/back flips!

no pain, no gain in handstands
So, back when we were driving in and around the Pacific North West, we decided to do a little sightseeing and give ourselves a break from the van walls. At this point in the tour (over a month in), we're all a little on edge, and not completely rational. The guys might disagree with me, but that's just their irrational side kicking in. We found ourselves four hours north of San Francisco - the farthest north I've been in Cali. So, what do I do when I find myself in a new place? A handstand of course! However, the grass was so dry here that it actually cut my foot. Ridiculous. Anyway - a couple tours back (before I was a part of the crew), the guys discovered Lake Shasta. They swam in the lake, they jumped off a rope swing, Zach hurt his wrist - you know, the things little boys dream of. So, we went off in search of this magical place. One major problem: that lake they swam in? WASN'T THERE.

Was it a figment of their imagination? Had they gone so tour crazy at that point that they were swimming in dirt and Zach hurt his wrist doing cartwheels? WHAT WAS GOING ON? Nothing made sense anymore. Ron was not discouraged in the least and made us all set out on the had-been lake bottom to find this water.

The beautiful, Lake Shasta

Ron attempting to convince us he was not crazy

Oh, look. There's the water. Lovely. A cesspool of mosquito crap
So we climbed a lake-bed mountain//Dom is king of the world. 
Ahhhh there's some real water.  
Ron isn't completely nuts. Thank God.
Due to the aforementioned cut on my foot, I had to sit on these rocks while the boys swam. I don't mess with flesh eating bacteria, y'all
So instead, I went on a walk alone.
SHASTAAAA
I found boats! and a lovely scene. 
the closest you'll get to my no-make up face (PS - why is that a thing in instagram?). That's reserved for my boys in the van. Lucky guys.
Don't go too far! I've got more just waiting in the wings. However, maybe you should go get a snack or something. I've been known to not post when I say I will. 
Happy Saturday!
comment/love me in the, duh, comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and your sassy words.

    ReplyDelete