Sunday, January 6, 2013

bus liiiiiiife

...seems so close to thug life if you squint. So, we're off. We spent a week in London getting ready for the tour & now we live on a bus. In London we stayed in Shoreditch and ate at almost every restaurant imaginable in the area, so I have a few recs for you... but not for now, my friends, not for now.

For now, I'm going to catch you up on my oh-so-glam life of sleeping in a bunk, showering in random places, and using Caffe Nero for the free wifi, decent coffee, and smooth jazz elevator music.

So the bunks. These were made for men? I swear when I lay flat I am head to toe the right size for it... and that's a tall 5'3. Outside of babies, no one can sit up in them... we don't have any actual babies on the bus, but this is what I imagine. This can also lead to some interesting ways for actually getting in the bed. I should probably be on a bottom bunk, but everyone wants the top, right? So I hike my leg up the side, jump off the other foot, and manage my way to horizontal position in hopes that I land in the right spot. And if you need something at the foot of the bed or need to fix the covers? Let's just say if you're not flexible, you are screwed. No way, buddy.

... and then yeah, there is no shower. Last night I took an ice cold shower at the venue because I couldn't figure out how to turn on the hot water. Turns out you turn it on OUTSIDE of the bathroom. YES - that makes the most sense. There I was, naked in a hopefully locked bathroom, and I find out you have to LEAVE said bathroom to make the water a mild form of warm.

Sounds just like the picture of glam right? I shouldn't ruin these things for you guys. So, I take it back... picture me running around in Louboutins, staying at The Ritz, keeping my camera in a Celine bag. YEAH!

OH, so I've been getting a ton of questions regarding my baby-size suitcase, so I'm going to do a few packing/travel advice posts. If you have any questions, shoot them to me at travelsizeme83@gmail.com.

'till then, I'll keep instagraming and you keep hearting my photos. I love that you do that.

-b

1 comment: