Wednesday, January 16, 2013

UK catch up

A day off! We finally have a day off! I realize I've been to multiple countries and you haven't heard a peep out of me on here. Forgive me and trust me though! I am taking loads of photos to share with you. I even bought a fun new point-and-shoot that has been helping me out. As a side note, I keep acquiring electronics with a UK plug... maybe I just need to stay.

Another reason for my absence is the aforementioned bus life. Usually, we'd finish with a show super late, get back on the bus, stay up for a few hours chatting, watching movies, or having a nightcap, go to sleep, and then I'd wake up and we'd be parked in some alley of the next city! Then I'd have to scope out the nearest cafe with internet so I could get some work done before the show started. So, sightseeing was minimal unfortunately.

The one place I did get to wander through was Glasgow. I have been itching to get to Scotland, so I was thrilled to wake up, peak out of my little bunk window, and see a beautiful, sunny day... and that we were parked next to the Botanical Gardens. So, I threw on clothes, left behind the laptop and went for a wander. I also met the nicest barista who gave me a free, delicious caramel shortbread (I believe the tiny cafe was named The Kitchen). After a stroll through the gardens, I woke Rp up to go on more adventures. We wandered through town and found an amazing lunch spot, Kember & Jones. It was  exactly what we needed - fresh produce! Gorgeous town - can't wait to go back & explore more of Scotland.






The shows have, of course, been amazing as well. European audiences continue to amaze me!

That's all for now... I'll be back soon

-b  

1 comment: