Wednesday, August 1, 2012

green

morning!

It's a grey morning at the lake, so before I jump headfirst into the day's work, I'm out on the porch drinking coffee and listening to lake sounds (which may or may not include a monster of some sort... the city has made me forget what certain birds sound like... if it's a bird... probably a monster).

I also thought I'd catch up on the old blog. Which means that there might be another post today since I've been such a slacker on this. Twice in a day might be a blogging faux pas, but as you know - I do what I want.

For this post, I thought I'd show you some green rooms. Lots of people want to get backstage as if it's some mythical land - full of booze, naked women, and partying. As you have seen in the past - I am the bubble burster. I tell you guys all sorts of things you'd probably rather keep in your mind as much cooler than it actually is! I dispel cool myths and I'm sorry! REALLY, in these venues, we're lucky if we have a couch. A couch that you aren't even sure you want to sit on. Wait - first of all - we're lucky if we have a green room period. Occasionally they give us beer - which Ron won't drink before a show since it messes up his voice... so the partying? Not so much. I'm pretty sure Kyle and I take the most advantage of the beer.  I WILL say that it does get better the bigger the venue gets, but as far as it concerns most of your favorite cool bands... this is it for now! So, why don't you guys go ahead and make Ron more popular already?! If not for him - do it for me. I'd like a more comfortable space to hang out in during the show. DO IT FOR ME.














and as you can see - on occasion I take photos of my feet or in a mirror. FUN.

Enjoy your day! As for me, I'm off to work and to re-watch the girls winning gymnastics olympic gold all day. ALL DAY!

2 comments:

  1. THAT is a very strange couch, which oddly, I now crave. Complete with random writings and autographs. I'm assuming there's at least ONE dirty limmerick on there. Where the heck would I put a baby blue doodled vinyl victorian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - that couch was actually pretty snazzy.

      Delete